I will forewarn you that this blog is going to be about the incident at the Capitol Building. I know that "incident" is not the word that I probably should be using and there are many other words that could be used. No matter what the word is, I'm sure all of you know what I'm talking about so we will just leave it at that. If any of you condone what happened on Wednesday and accept what happened, I suggest you stop reading and delete this post. You are NOT going to be happy with what I am about to write.
First, I am not a Republication or Democrat. I have voted for both parties and I have voted for winners and losers.. When the vote count is over, I accept the count of the individual States and the Electoral College. When I vote, I base my decision on the individual NOT the party. I DO NOT believe either of the parties is any better than the other. Sure they have different platforms, and that is good. However, to say that ANY President is bad is a bunch of BS. All presidents have pushed through good/bad legislation. We all know that there are three branches and the branches can prevent any President from fulfilling his promises prior to election. So to say that a President was "the worst president" is also a bunch of BS. However, I do understand that there are people that are die-hard Republicans and Democrats, and I take that with a grain of salt.
I'm not writing this blog about my lack of party affiliation, I writing this blog because I am very disappointed with the way the REPUBLICAN party is/has reacted to what happened on Wednesday. Anyone who does not believe that the President and his cronies were not involved in the group that stormed the Capitol need to take their head out of the sand. Our President has been talking about this weeks before now. I know that there are many that feel the election was rigged. So how do you know that, what would make you think that? Well, I'll tell you why, because you either heard it on FOX News, read it from a Right Wing Media site, or from a friend on a Media site like Facebook. Some of you are educators and one of the ways you teach children to remember something is to tell it over and over. When "someone" says PRIOR to the election that "if I don't win, the election is rigged", I knew at that time that there was going to be problems, IF he didn't win. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
The votes were counted/verified by the states and sent to the Electoral College. The President "calls" and wants to "find" votes so he has more than Biden.. HOW much evidence to you need to realize that the President LOST! Oh, I almost forgot the 50 plus lawsuits by his cronies that were all thrown out including one by the Supreme Court! Also remember that Biden won by "Millions" of votes..
I do not have any problem with "peaceful protests" however, what happened on Wednesday was far from peaceful. I think that there were many people who where what I would call "followers" and that many of them got caught up in the "wave". However, that doesn't automatically make you innocent. You are still a part of the crime and have to face the consequences. Let's put it this way, IF you were on Capitol property and had a cell phone that was turned on, you are known..
Granted, there were terrorist that were there to do harm. It boggles my mind that there actually were terrorist in the group that actually were looking for Vice President Pence and wanted to hang him. That is unbelievable.. So the question remains, Who would want to do that? You can form your own opinion, my opinion is Pence was thrown under the bus because he would not go along with the President's wishes, which by the way, would have been against our Constitution..
In my opinion, there are many people in all levels of government that have explaining to do, and may need to be prosecuted. My only hope that there isn't a bunch of hand slapping, and that they have to do time in jail to think about what they done, or pay a hefty fine and all the money is given to needy services..
I am very happy that I am not a Republican or a Democrat so that I can look at this for what it really is. I would be just as critical of the Democrats if they were the ones responsible for what happened. President Trump is the instigator, however, ALL of the Republicans in office are just as responsible, because THEY did not stand up to some of the Presidents statements. I feel sorry for the true Republications that believe in their platform, but are afraid of the Republican base that is part of the Trump CULT. (I told you that you might not like what I was going to write..)
IF I was as I will call a "True Republican" and not the "Radical Right" I would sit back back and maybe rethink my position. I have read all sorts of comments on Facebook how our country is going to completely fall apart on January 20th, well, I got news for you. It won't UNLESS you want to promote it.
I have spent most of my time since Wednesday watching the different media, EXCEPT Fox News, and have listened to many many people from different positions. I do not necessarily listen to the newscasters. However I was surprised to hear that Timothy McFay who blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City 30 some years ago visited the terrorist group that planned on kidnapping and possibly killing the Governor of Michigan a short time ago. These radical groups did not just sprout up, they have been around for a long time. However, the last four years their fuses have been lighted..
The funeral procession for the officer killed inside the Capitol is on TV right now. How tragic. I do not condone the lost of any of the people that died because of the overtaking of the Capitol. The veteran that was shot by the Capitol police paid the price. However, we do not know what would have happened had she gotten in.. There were many of the rioters there were out to do bodily harm.
It boggles my mine that there was not more blood spread at the Capitol. Maybe it's a good thing that the events happened as they did, (except for the killings). I know that there were many people what were scared to death (I can relate to that) and there was destruction inside the Capitol (which can be fixed) and none of the Capitol's historic statues/paintings were not destroyed. It was a real wakeup call, and it should never happen again.
I know that there are probably some of you that will just laugh at what I am about to write about, but if you haven't witnessed it, you have NO idea what I am writing about.. It all goes back to Germany.. Wither you believe it or not, we were going down the same path as Hitler's regime. I spent over four years in Germany and met many German citizen and NOT ONE of them would admit that they were part of the regime. I also met Germans who were prisoners of war that were in POW of camps in the US. They were all happy to be in the US and not part of the war. I was at one the death camps twice in Germany and seen the horrific photographs of the experiments done on prisoners' before they cremated them. I do not believe that the population of Germany believed in what happened "prior" to Hitler, but were "brain washed" after he came in power. Thankfully, President Trump did not get reelected, because he would not have done this, but he would have loved to have had the power.
ANYONE who supports President Trump from now on until the end of his tenure, has the same blood on their hands as does the President. What has happened is inexcusable and anyone that supports this is in the same group..
Now it has been reported that there was someone who had COVID in one of the secure rooms, and some of the people in there were not wearing masks and were asked to do so, but refused. How Inconsiderate.. Oh, and as you may have noticed, most of the terrorist weren't wearing masks. So now they can carry it back to their home states to infect people at home. Oh, they should be so proud when they go back home and infect their family/friends!
So what really got us into this situation? Personally, I believe it was Social Media.. If the President, you, and me were not able to got out and make outlandish comments/lies, we would not be in the situation we are now. I do not comment very often on Facebook, but I do do a lot of reading and I do go back and look at people who makes comments. Oh, it's surprising what you can learn about people..
In closing, I am 79 and pushing 80 pretty hard. I am past the point where I am really concerned with what people think about me. I have my own opinions as do you, and THAT is what makes our country great. I have been places where that is not the case. There may be some of you that do not understand how fortunate you are to live in the United States. I just hope that we can keep our country free as it has been. That does not mean MAGA which in my books has also been a bunch of BS. Our country was great before Trump every became President.
One of the interviewee's just mentioned that the Radical Right wants a Civil War. Is that what you want?? Heaven Forbid.. The United States is better than that.
However we must protect our security people. I really doubt the Radical Right will be using "rubber bullets. The security people/military (if needed) must fight fire with fire. I hate to think what will come next. I'm afraid blood will flow..
Late Note: The FBI has already received over 40,000 "tips" on the Capitol terrorists. Good for the 40,000...
Stay Safe Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment